Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Preseason Picks Revisited

Now that the regular season is done, it's time to revisit my preseason predictions for the ACC. There were some ties in the standings, so I'm going based off of the seedings for the ACC Tournament. Overall, I think I had a pretty good crystal ball for this year. I was completely wrong (as most people were) about North Carolina, who came up far short of expectations. But my preseason pick of Maryland as one of the best teams turned out okay. Here's the comparison (teams listed in order they finished):

Team: Pick:

1. Duke 2
2. Maryland 3
3. Florida State 6
4. Virginia Tech 8
5. Wake Forest 4
6. Clemson 5
7. Georgia Tech 7
8. Boston College 9
9. Virginia 10
10. UNC 1
11. NC State 12
12. Miami 11

So the only one I got exactly right was Georgia Tech. But the only schools that I was off by more than one slot were Virginia Tech, Florida State and UNC.

No comments: